....A KnitAlong for those who have over-indulged in yarn and fiber to repent in their ways of excess and share their abundance with others.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Sockrafice Wrap-up


Being one of the world's slowest knitters, I didn't manage to shrink the stash by too much, but there are now two hats done for The Ships Project, and three washcloths ready to be sent out when Cloths for Crisis needs them. All came from odds and ends in the stash. There's also a scarf on the needles that may end up going to charity.

Other knitting happened as well. I finished a pair of socks for myself (to match a sweater completed earlier), started a pair of socks for my aunt, and made significant progress on a summer top in cotton.

No, I haven't gone yarn shopping - yet. I'm thinking about waiting until my LYS next has a good sale (July) to really "cut loose" and buy. The tax refund ought to be in by then (evil laugh).

1 Comments:

Blogger Smalltown RN said...

good for you for perservering with the knitting. Knitting was never my forte but I too perservered and made sweaters, and baby outfits and the likes. Don't seem to have much time for that anymore....but maybe I should get out the needles and get back at, maybe I'll have something completed by Christmas....

Oh the dating on your blog really confused me...it says...Tuesday September 18th. I pretty darn sure it is Monday the 18th as I have been up since 0500 to get ready for work.....

Hope you have a great day...

cheers

5:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home