....A KnitAlong for those who have over-indulged in yarn and fiber to repent in their ways of excess and share their abundance with others.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Send me your poor, your yarn hungry, your downtrodden....

Ah, ye of little faith, this is where I get to say something profound.

I just wish I knew what it was.....can someone cue me my next line please?!

I have not broken down and purchased the BeadNik yarn, although I am hoping it will still be there on the Monday after Easter. Instead I spun some fiber and then plied it with beaded woolly nylon. So now I have some beaded yarn without breaking the fast with Beadnik.

Janet, put the sweater and sock away for now and knit something fun with some yarn that is laying around....a baby hat, a pretty scarf, whatever. You could even knit some stirrup covers for your gynecologists. Imagine your male co-workers faces when you tell them that is what you are knitting!

AuntyNin, Tell the co-worker that he should choose some yarn to gift you with on Easter....because friends don't let friends break yarn fasts.....!

And then consider yourselves lucky that you have not got the Clap on your needles like Left Coast Knitter.

Clapotis that is, what were you thinking?

And I think now is a good time to remind you of the escape clause that I put in....it's okay to have one little splurge on yarn if it helps you get through Lent! Just make it worthwhile, and no impulse purcahses ladies!

2 Comments:

Blogger LeftCoast Knits said...

For the record, I do not have the clap.

4:15 PM

 
Blogger LeftCoast Knits said...

But if I did, I would have gotten it from Ceallach Knits!

5:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home