....A KnitAlong for those who have over-indulged in yarn and fiber to repent in their ways of excess and share their abundance with others.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Hatraficing

Okay, I have been hatraficing, cardificing, ponchoficing, but my poor widdle sockrafices are languishing in my knitting bag.

Do I feel guilty, you may ask.

NEVER, because I have polished off a couple of balls of yarn from the stash, including the baby teri for the nb hats for the county hospital, the alba for Rowan's cardi, and others. My stash is getting smaller a bit by bit, and I am feeling less embarassed by the sheer size.

I do think that I need to put everything onto an excel spreadsheet though. It's just too hard to find THE yarn I YeARN for.

On the needles right now: my poncho that requires 8 balls of thick and quick (boy, don't that take up space!), a hat for coworkers toddler with the last ball of something knit doubled, and a lone languishing Lenten sock, and my cardi that has also been languishing on the needles, but that's okay. With 4 projects on the needles, one is bound to languish a bit.

Coming up on the needles: Two batches of yarn that I bought for DD, including some Jelly Beans that I plan to stitch buttons on like beads, and a few skeins of a cotton. The original plan for these was cardis, but I may actually make little dresses out of them....jumper like ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home