....A KnitAlong for those who have over-indulged in yarn and fiber to repent in their ways of excess and share their abundance with others.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Afghan started

I started an afghan sometime last week for my Lenten charity project. Using the 8 or so skeins of miscellaneous worsted wool yarn of varying colors I have in my stash (this includes: 1/4 skein Noro Kureyon in pink/green/black, 1 skein Red Heart vintage wool in grey, 2 skeins Bernat worsted wool in pink, 1 skein unknown brand red wool, 1 skein Jamieson's wool in green and another in purple, and two skeins unknown brand heathered light purple). This will be quite the afghan, based on my colors. I had acquired the wool from a donation center I volunteer at back home (I'm in college now, so I won't be back there until two weeks from now), so I will therefore be knitting a large afghan for the same charity. I had originally wanted to knit an afghan for Warm Up America, but am not sure if I will make the size requirements. For a 55" x 65" afghan (130 squares), I have 3 knit so far and another aleady on the needles. These are pretty small squares, at 5" each.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home