....A KnitAlong for those who have over-indulged in yarn and fiber to repent in their ways of excess and share their abundance with others.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I do not have the clap.

I have been slacking on my Lenten Knitting due to a burning desire to get the Clap done with (get it? get it? clap? burning desire? gosh I'm witty)- but now, it is done so I have no excuse. To prove that I actually finished the Clapotis (rather than just hiding it on the bottom of my knitting basket and using the word finished in a looser more open to interpretation sense, which I was tempted to do), here is a picture of my cat wearing it.




But I digress... back to lenten knitting. I have loads of one-skeiners, which I am going to knit up into fantastic hats for the chemically deprived of hair- that's right, folks, I'm makin chemo caps. But mine will be called Chem-O! caps, just for the fun of it, because chemo, sucky though it is, is a good thing. So anyway, I'm making chemo caps for a family friend who is undergoing chemotherapy and has no hair at all, thus creating a need for something warm, soft, and knit with love. So there ya go!

1 Comments:

Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Congrats on finishing your Clapoti. Andddd......Best Wishes to your friend who has chemo and thus no hair. Yes, chemo is a good/bad thing, and the little soft hats make a difference. Depending on whether or not my best friend's DH, who is my DH's best friend, has to go through Chemo when he gets back from a trek, I'll be joining you in hat making. I can't make them, for some reason, unless I know the person. Weird, I know, but true.

6:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home